• If you get cold sores you will need an antiviral prescription. Physician usually instructs to begin taking it 3 days before procedure, for a 7-10 day course.
• If you have had any type of lip surgery, consult withthephysician about how long you should wait before having a permanent makeup procedure on the lips. Most physicians are giving a 3 week ok after lip fillerinjections like collagen or Restylane. Permanent makeup artists have noticed poor colour retention in lips that have received collagen injections within the previous 6 months, longer for restylane. There has even been a little pigment migration along lip edges with Restylane.It may be best not tohave lip filler injections and permanent lip colour within the same year.If the lip surgery involves an incision (like a lip implant), the incision needs to mature about 6 months before tattooing on top of it.
• Oral prosthesis dentures/ partials/ braces and tongue piercing bars may increase risk of gettingbacterial and/or fungal infection from the mouth to the lips. Frequent or recent sinus infection puts lipsat risk of infection.Denture wearers generally carry a higher candida/ yeast count. Cutaneous candidiasis/ candidosis is more common in older women(angular stomatitis - perlèche, angular cheilitis). Recent antibiotic therapy can be responsible for a high candida count. Steroid medications and antacid drugs can allow candida to overpopulate.Smokers tend to have a high count also. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there.The bacteria-yeast balance in the mouth can get out of whack, and the oral saliva will get in the holes made by tattooing lips. Lips can get infected easily. Bacterial infections clear up more quickly than Candida Albicans infections.It is possible to have a co-infection when both bacteria and fungus are involved. It is possible to get a candida infection right after clearing up a bacterial infection.
• Do not tweeze, wax, or dye brows for 2 days prior.
• Electrolysis should not be done for a week prior.
• Do not wear contact lens during the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
• Bring sunglasses to wear home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
• Do not dye or perm lashes for 2 days prior.
• Do not use eyelash curler the day of the procedure.
• If you have had any type of eye surgery, consult with thephysician about how long you should wait before having apermanent eyeliner procedure. Most physicians are giving a 2 month ok after cataract, lasik, and blepharoplasty.